Saturday, January 23, 2010

Something is eating my tomatoes....could it be squirrels?

I had the same problem once. The squirrels would take a bite out of the tomato decide they didn't like it and try another one. They would do this over and over again until I put up chicken wire around the plants.Something is eating my tomatoes....could it be squirrels?
Yes. Squirrels will eat Tomatoes. Here are several ways to get rid of squirrels at the site below:





http://www.pecanworld.com/SQUIRREL.htmSomething is eating my tomatoes....could it be squirrels?
It's probably birds. You can put a netting over your tomato cages. Check with a gardening center or nursery for the correct type for birds.
Well, It would be more useful if you tried giving a good description of what the bite looked like. And it could be any kind of rodent. Skunk, Racoon, and yes maybe a squirrel? Could even be bugs? But if you have any animals and let them go out near your garden could be them. It is probably bad for them but it could.
Are you having any leaves chewed up on the plant? If so, could be hornworms, use liquid seven for them. If truly bites and not pecks, netting would be my best guess. My squirrels have always taken the whole tomato. You may want to try putting rubber snakes or 10'; plastic fishing worms on plant near tomatoes just to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment